Monday, October 6, 2008

Sunrise - Sunset

SUNSET
SUNRISE
Seems as though LaJuana and I do a lot of traveling for some
reason. We enjoy riding around this part of Louisiana
and seeing the beautiful scenery. Even though LaJuana
was born and raised in Baton Rouge she has been gone
for a very long time. She is taking in all this beauty she
sees and taking as many pictures as she can. The Live Oaks
are about the most awesome thing she has found. As I looked
at this particular sunrise and sunset I was so reminded of how
short life is and how fast it goes by. If you take your eyes off a
sunset for more than a few seconds you will have missed it's
most beautiful moment, never to be seen again. That
particular sunset is gone forever.
Each day is the same. God gives us a fresh new day
every 24 hours and gives us a choice on how to spend that
day. I am certain I have wasted many days just doing
unmeaningful things as I am sure we all do. It is our
goal to try not to let another day go by without making
the most of it. Every breath we take, every word we speak,
every sunset we see is a blessing from God. I hope all
of you that read this will be encouraged to start making
the most of the time we have left by thanking our
Lord Jesus Christ for every blessing and asking HIM
to show us how we may be a blessing to others.




1 comment:

alma said...

What beautiful pictures. It is hard sometimes to remember to look up and appreciate the beauty God has given, simply for our pleasure. I know it is all so fleeting, including ourlives and pray we don't get so caught up in living life that we don't take time to appreciate it or thank Him for it. I also thank Him for the relationships that are ours to enjoy. I love you both...