Saturday, December 13, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside




CAJUN SNOW
It was beautiful ..............So much snow falling so fast is just breath taking. It just has to make one think how awesome our God is. Snow is the only thing that can take a complete city, paint it white and make everything clean and sparkling. We were able to just walk around in it, take pictures and enjoy the fresh smell of clean white snow. After a few hours of this wonderful bliss reality kicked in. The electricity had been off for a few hours, the apartment was getting a little chilly and there was no where to make a pot of coffee. We had not had breakfast nor had we had our shower and gotten dressed, that includes blow drying the hair.
-
So you ask was the beauty of the snow worth the inconveniences we had to deal with after the storm. I would have to say yes, yes indeed!. There is a time and place for everything as we are told and Thursday morning early was the time for the most beautiful snowfall South Louisiana has seen in over 80 years. Pictures were taken to help us remember this awesome day. And I can't think of a better place for God to have let it happen. All the kids and adults had a ball playing and throwing snowballs and building snowmen, or just enjoying from a frosted window from inside.
We only had to do without electricity for 24 hours while others are still without. So I am just so thankful for the beautiful picture God painted for us Thursday morning and will remember it for years to come. LaJuana and I have truly enjoyed our first snowfall together.

1 comment:

alma said...

Yes you can bet it was cold outside. Our snow and ice came through Wednesday late afternoon and into the evening. I think it stopped at about midnight or a little after. The trees were sparkling white with ice and the cars and ground were covered with candy sugar frosting. Toni kept calling me and giving updates on Hunter and Zackary's first time to play in real snow. I spent the evening at Starbucks sipping hot coffee and reading a good book. as I watched it fall, I did have a couple sad thoughts mar the beauty though, I kept thinking of one of our girls whose house is still a mess from the storm and no heat. She made it okay with lots of blankets.
I don't think anything is quite as pretty as freshly fallen snow. Thank you Father for the mid winter treat. I hope everyone enjoyed it.