Wednesday, July 22, 2009

THE MOST EXCELLENT WAY #19

"Love never fails..."(I Cor. 13:8)(NIV) This is an inspired fact. It is incontrovertible. "Love never fails..."
Humans relations will not falter under its influence. Church unity will not be disrupted under its influence. Dastardly deeds will disappear and cruel and judgmental actions will vanish. People will be more important than things. It "...never fails."
Its influence will be characterized by all that Paul said about it. It indeed is "...patient..." "...kind..." "...does not envy..." "...does not boast..." "...is not proud..." "...is not rude..." "...is not self-seeking..." "...is not easily angered..." "...keeps no records of wrongs..." "...does not delight in evil..." "...rejoices in the truth..." "...always protects..." "...always trusts..." "...always hopes..." "...always perseveres..."(NIV) When and if any of these principles are violated or ignored that is not love's fault for it "...never fails..."
Adam Clarke wrote of love: "...it is the means of preserving all other graces..." "...indeed, properly speaking it includes them all..." "...and all receive their perfection from it..." "Without it there never was true religion..." "...nor ever can be..."
So I end this study about agape as given to us by the Apostle Paul. I did not feel worthy to do it in the beginning and feel the same today. However, I will miss the study. It is almost as if I am saying good-bye to a true friend. But of course, I can't, for ultimately it will be the only thing remaining for us all. For "...the greatest of these is love..."(I Cor. 13:13)
To my friend who prompted this study I say, thanks Brother. I love you and I wish you the best in your service for the Master...

No comments: