Monday, September 8, 2008

Thank You Jesus





I would have been able to enjoy this beautiful country
this week so much more if I had had my children
and grandchildren here with me. It has not been
easy to keep up with all these hurricanes here because
we do not have access to cable tv. And no one had
electricity in Louisiana or phone service after the
storm to give me a report of the happenings down
there. Laura and Jennifer were so good to call
whenever they could to let me know how they were
doing. I am so grateful for their phone calls.
I have watched Lajuana with her family and the sharing
that goes on here. There is a lot of togetherness for
sure. It makes me miss my children. Out of sight out
of mind is certainly not true. But I am reassured that
God has them in His Hand and that no one will
snatch them from HIM. It was great to hear from them
and know that they had survived the storm and
patiently awaiting the turning on of their electricity.
As of yesterday they were still without power.
LaJuana and I have a wonderful time when we
are here in the Smokey Mountains but I am always
happy to return to Southern Louisiana for a time so
that I can catch up with my children. I am praying
that this next storm bypasses those that have just
been hit by Gustav.
God has been so good to LaJuana and me. We are so
very blessed in so many ways and we thank God
every day for His blessings and pray blessings over
ALL our children and grandchildren.

No comments: