Thursday, August 6, 2009

TRANSPARENCY #10

The question is not have I sinned, but the question is wherein have I sinned. If it were possible that I not sin I would be different from all other men. And if I say I have not and do not sin, John tells me I am a sinner and I have deceived myself and the truth is not in me.(I Jn. 1:8) And if I say I do not sin I call God a liar because He said I do sin. Further I have missed the whole message of the gospel.(I Jn. 1:10)
The person who thinks he has no sin will see no need for transparency.(I Jn. 1:9) And because he majors in his own perfection he will likely belittle the transparency of others and denigrate their spiritual character and disparage their attempts to be open about their shortcomings. And of course that behavior towards others all amounts to sin. And is it at all possible that some folks act in negative ways towards others. The Holy Spirit says it is

Epsilon negatives
ekdikeo--"...avenge..."
"Beloved, never avenge(ekdikountes) yourselves, but leave the way open for (God's) wrath;..."(Ro. 12:19)(Amplified)

exoutheneo--"...despise..." "...treat with scorn..."
"...one man will have faith enough to eat all kinds of food, while a weaker man eats only vegetables." "The man who eats must not hold in contempt(exoutheneito) the man who does not, and he who does not eat must not pass judgement on the man who does; for God has accepted him."(Ro. 14:2-3)(N.E.B.)
"And He spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous and despised(exouthenountas)) others:"(Lk. 18:9)(K.J.V.)

eritheia--"...strife..." "...rivalry..."
"Do nothing out of selfish ambition(eritheian) or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves."(Phil. 2:3)(N.I.V.)
"...if you have bitter jealousy(envy)and contention(rivalry, selfish ambition)(eritheian) in your hearts, do not pride yourselves on it and thus be in defiance of and false to the Truth."(Ja. 3:14)(Amplified)

eris--"...contention..." "...wrangling..." "...love of strife..."
"Some, it is true(actually) preach Christ, the Messiah(for no better reason than) out of envy and rivalry(party spirit);(erin) but others are doing so out of a loyal spirit and goodwill."(Phil. 1:15)(Amplified)
"...God gave them over to a reprobate mind..." "Being filled with unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate(eridos) deceit, malignity; whisperers,"(Ro. 1:28-29)(K.J.V.)

epereazo--"...insult..." "...accuse falsely..." "...misuse..."
"...Keep your conscience clear, so that when you are abused, those who malign(epereazontes) your Christian conduct may be put to shame..."(I Pet. 3:16)(N.E.B.)

echthra--"...hatred..." "...hostility...""...enmity..."
"Now the works of the flesh are manifest..." "...hatred..." (echthrai)(Gal. 5:19-20)(K.J.V.)

ekballo--"...throw out..."
"Blessed--happy (with life-joy and satisfaction in God's favor and salvation, apart from your outward condition) and to be envied-are you when people despise(hate) you, and when they exclude and excommunicate you(as disreputable),(ekbalosin) and revile and denounce you, and defame and cast out and spurn your name as evil(wicked) on account of the Son of Man."(Lk. 6:22)(Amplified)
"All whom My Father has given(entrusted) to Me will come to Me; and him who comes to Me I will most certainly not cast out-I will never, no never reject one of them who comes to Me."(ekbalo)(Jn. 6:37)(Amplified)

eulogia--"...commendation..." "...Rom. 16:18 refers to false teachers who for personal gain flatter people..."
"...such people are servants not of Christ our Lord but of their own appetites, and they seduce the minds of innocent people with smooth and specious words..."(eulogias)(Ro. 16:18)(N.E.B.)

epiorkos--"...perjurer..."
"...liars, perjurers(epiorkois) and whatever else is opposed to wholesome teaching and sound doctrine..."(I Tim. 1:10)(Amplified)

epiorkeo--"...to swear falsely..."
"...You shall not swear falsely..."(epiorkeseis)(Mt. 5:33)(Amplified)

No comments: