Wednesday, August 5, 2009

TRANSPARENCY #9

Near the time of His crucifixion Jesus told His disciples that He would send the "...Counselor, the Holy Spirit..."(Jn. 14:25)(N.I.V.) And He told them of the Holy Spirit: "...He will guide you into all truth..."(Jn. 16:13)(N.I.V.) And He said of Him: "...He will bring glory to Me by taking from what is Mine and making it known to you."(Jn. 16:14)(N.I.V.) After the resurrection of Jesus that happened. Therefore Paul was able to write: "...I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you:..."(I Cor. 11:23)(N.I.V.) During a conversation with Festus Paul was also able to say: "...I..." "...speak forth the words of truth..."(Acts 26:25)(K.J.V.)Because of the Holy Spirit Peter could say to his readers that they should "...be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:..."(II Pet. 3:2)(K.J.V.)
In our study of the negative ways men treat one another we are reminded that the Holy Spirit is the author of these words. We must remind ourselves too that not all men are negative in the ways the Spirit conveys at all times. But we must also remind ourselves that we are dealing with divine truth and the words should not be ignored. They are real and they convey real meanings, sentiments, actions. And all men should be careful how they treat their fellowman.
Please let me continue to remind you that I am indebted to Spiros Zodhiates for the definitions of the Greek words used by the Holy Spirit.
Delta negatives
dusphemia--"...defame..."
"When we are slandered and defamed,(dusphemoumenoi) we (try to) answer softly and bring comfort. We have been made and are now the rubbish and filth of the world--the offscouring of all things, the scum of the earth."(I Cor. 4:13)(Amplified)

diabolos--"...false accuser..."
"...their wives are to be women worthy of respect, not malicious talkers(diabolous) but temperate and trustworthy in everything."(I Tim. 3:11)(N.I.V.)

dialogismos--"...contention..."
"I desire therefore that in every place men should pray, without anger or quarreling or resentment or doubt (in their minds),(dialogismou) lifting up holy hands."(I Tim. 2:8)(Amplified)

diaseio--"...harass.." "...oppress..." "...extort..."
"...No bullying; no blackmail;..."(diaseisete)(Lk. 3:14)(N.E.B.)

2 comments:

alma said...

This is a test to see how your blog accepts posts.
Love Ya

alma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.