Monday, August 25, 2008

IS HE OUT OF KILTER?


This blog is unlike others that I have attempted. I have just sat down here and gone to writing, that may have been a mistake. But since very few, I believe, will read this, it doesn't make much difference. My last blog on David might have caused some to think I was a little out of kilter. Since the writing I have had some few questions about the blog. Perhaps it was a little fuzzy. There seems to be some question as to what I was saying. I truly appreciate your comments and questions. Socrates would give you a big round of applause.
-
I often think as I write, about an article I recently read wherein the author mentioned a church advertising for a preacher. The church gave the prerequisites for a would be preacher for that church. The qualifications were simply that they wanted a preacher who did not know Greek nor had been to the Holy Land. The writer of the article surmised that that church had had too many Greek word studies thrown at them and too many slide presentations on the Holy Land. I cannot imagine any church sending out such a classified ad. But that may be evidence of the fact that inspirational thinkers are supplanting other approaches and maybe some other approaches to writing are getting outmoded. So I promise from now on I will try to be "in kilter" and not too outmoded and make as much sense as is possible for me.
-
Next blog I hope to get back to the story of David and the reasons I believe he was hiding in the cave by himself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the great information! I would not have discovered this otherwise!.